Christianity Makes Sense is all about a simple premise: Christianity makes the best sense of reality.
It’s useful for daily life.
It’s better than other explanations of the world.
I’m aware that these are bold claims, but I’m not trying to be abrasive. On the contrary, I’m being upfront with you because I respect you. You’re an intelligent person. I’m sure you have your own ideas about the world and you probably have good reasons supporting your beliefs. I think we can learn a lot from each other. So, let’s not have fluffy, unproductive discussions about truth. Let’s have a direct and honest conversation about reality and the beliefs that will allow humanity to flourish.
Let’s also acknowledge what is at stake here. We’re talking about weighty subjects like heaven and hell, good and evil, and what ultimately is going to happen to the world. I care about your relationship with God and sincerely want you to spend eternity in heaven with Him. If the claims of Christianity are true, then much of the world will not experience this, but will spend eternity separated from God in hell under his judgment. Therefore, far from being a casual expression of religious preference, we’re talking about ideas about reality that could have dire consequences about what happens to people for eternity.
I made this blog to be helpful to you in your own investigation of what is true and how to best live your life.
What you Can Expect from this Blog
- The best information I have found in my exploration of truth and the specific claims of Christianity, including links to experts and updated book recommendations for your own study.
- Respect for your views and fair representation of views that I critique (everyone deserves to have their strongest arguments addressed… not straw men)
- New articles multiple times a month.
- An open door for dialogue with me through the “Contact” page – I’ll make my best effort to respond to every email I receive in a timely manner.
What you Won’t Find Here
- The Vilification of Others – This blog assumes the best of people.
- Pessimism – This blog will not be about complaining about the state of the world or raising a stink. It will assume that there are good answers out there for the questions people have and the problems they face.